BCA Job Announcement
The Buddhist Churches of America is seeking a Facilities Manager to oversee all aspects of facilities management of the National Headquarters building in San Francisco, CA and the Jodo Shinshu Center in Berkeley, CA. The Facilities Manager is responsible for providing an efficient and safe environment for employees, students, visitors, and lodging guests.
The position is full time, exempt and reports to the Administrative Officer. Some nights and weekends required. Must be available to respond to and handle emergency situations that arise.
- • Managing the maintenance and repairs of the buildings and equipment including telecommunications, IT, AV, elevator, and security
- • Overseeing the efficient allocation of space and scheduling usage
- • Recommending to the Administrative Officer policies and procedures regarding day to day building operations
- • Managing contractor and vendor relationships
- • Preparing and tracking facility budget
- • Purchasing supplies
- • Coordinating custodial services and groundskeeping
- • Additional duties deemed appropriate and necessary under the direction of the Administrative Officer
- • High School diploma; Bachelors degree or some college preferred
- • Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- • Strong problem analysis, planning, and organizational skills
- • General knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Employment with the Buddhist Churches of America is at-will. Salary is commensurate with experience. BCA offers a full benefits package that includes paid leave, medical benefits and retirement plan.
For more information, call 510-305-8835. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Gayle Noguchi, Administrative Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.